Thursday, October 7, 2010

Apotheosis

Dear Hercules,

You’re my hero. My life’s ambition is to apotheosis. What advice can you give me. 

The next great hero
________________________________________
Dear Mr. Hero,

Be careful what you wish for. Being a god is not all it’s cracked up to be. I went through Hades to get here. No literally, twice. Once as one of my twelve labors and once after I died. Being a God is boring. All I do is sit here thinking about my life, and my life was no walk in the park.  Hera hated me for no good reason. She tried to kill me on multiple occasions. Then after I got married and was finally happy, she sent madness upon me. I killed my beautiful wife and my children, the loves of my life.  The oracle of Delphi then declared that I must perform 12 incredibly dangerous labors.  So my advice is just attempt to live the best life possible, and do not get on Hera’s bad side.

Hercules

No comments:

Post a Comment